Can I track AdWords conversion on my landing page?
Sure. AdWords conversion tracking is available for landing pages that:
- Redirect to a default thank you page. A thank you page is crucial for conversion. A user visit to the thank you page, means the user completed a task you wanted them to do.
- Contain a form. We send conversion data after the from is submitted, even if you don’t redirect to a “thank you” page.
If you have a Google AdWords account, you can automatically enable conversion tracking on your landing pages. Just enter a conversion label and conversion ID in your landing page configuration.
AdWords conversion tracking helps you check the effectiveness of your AdWords campaigns. These campaigns bring active customers to your landing pages. When you track landing pages, you can verify how an AdWords campaign affects signups or form submissions.
For more information about AdWords conversion tracking, visit AdWords Help from Google.
How do I integrate AdWords conversion tracking on a landing page?
What you’ll need
- A working Google AdWords account
If you don’t have an AdWords account, go to https://www.google.com/adwords/, click Start now, and follow the Google instructions.
- An AdWords conversion setup
If you don’t have an AdWords conversion yet, see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821?hl=en&ref_topic=3165803
How do I find the integration ID in Google AdWords?
1. Sign into your AdWords account.
2. Click Tools and select Conversions in the menu.
3. On the Conversion actions screen, choose a conversion to track.
4. Scroll down the page to Install your tag to find your conversion code.
6. Copy the values of google_conversion_id and google_conversion_label.The values are in the code on the right-hand side of the equation. You’ll need them in the following steps.
How do I include the tracking code in my landing page?
To add Google AdWords tracking code to your landing page:
1. Log into your GetResponse account and do one of the following:
- Create a new landing page.
- Edit the settings for an existing landing page.
When you’re happy with your landing page layout, click Next step and proceed to My landing page settings.
2. Scroll down and expand the AdWords conversion tracking section.
3. Paste the values you copied from the AdWords conversion tag.
Paste the value of google_conversion_id in the Conversion ID field.
Paste the value of google_conversion_label value in the Conversion label field.
4. Click Save if you edited an existing landing page or Publish if you created a new one.