How do I exclude contacts from receiving my newsletter?
You choose contacts you’d like to send a newsletter to within the Recipient step of your newsletter editor. You can refine your recipient list by including or excluding contacts, or group of contacts you’ve created in your account.
When excluding recipients, you’ll be able to:
- choose between lists or select all lists
- choose between segments or choose all.
- choose between suppression lists or select all.
Before you start
Select recipients from your lists, segments, or select specific recipients from a list. Once you do this, you can start refining your list. If you need help with this, please see How do I choose newsletter recipients.
To exclude contacts from your newsletter recipient list
1. Choose how you want to Exclude Recipients (choose one or more list, segments, or suppression list).
2. Click the down arrows to reveal your options. Then, select the lists you’d like to exclude (you can exclude your segments and/or suppression lists).
3. The Subscribers box at the bottom of the page tells you how many recipients are going to receive your message.
Note: If you select suppression lists only, the displayed number of recipients won’t change. However, the contacts who are in the suppression list will not receive your message. If you select both suppression lists and custom fields, the name will change for custom fields.
4. Once you’ve made your selection, click Next Step. This takes you to Message Summary in your newsletter editor. From there, you can schedule your newsletter.
Can I stop contacts from receiving all my messages?
It’s possible to stop contacts from receiving your messages, not just newsletters. For this, you need to create a blacklist with their email addresses. To learn how to do this, please go to How can I blacklist emails and domains from my lists or account?